Foster With The Humane Society of Lawton- Comanche County
Share Your Home, Save a Life
The Humane Society of Lawton-Comanche County is 100% foster based and rely on people like you to save lives. All you have to do is open your home, share some love and we'll provide the rest! We will take care of all medical care, food, crates, toys, everything you need to make your new foster comfortable while staying in your home. You may also be able to pick the best pet that will fit into your family's lifestyle. Most pets will stay in your home for 2-3 weeks before being ready for adoption. Help save a life today!
Be A Foster Hero!
Foster caregivers save the lives of adult animals as well as young and orphaned puppies and kittens. We also foster pets who are recovering from illness or injury and need extra TLC to heal and become ready for adoption. Most pets are available for foster right away and we welcome fosters who can take pets for any length of time.
We need fosters the most for:
How You Can Help
If fostering a pet isn’t for you, but you’re still interested in getting involved with the Humane Society of Lawton-Comanche County, we have other ways in which you can help out. Consider volunteering, fundraising or donating!
How to Foster
- Contact the Humane Society so we can help you get started fostering right away. Our foster coordinator will contact you for an interview.
- Once approved, you can meet your foster pet to make sure that your foster will fit into your family lifestyle.
- When you take home your foster pet, you will receive the foster manual and you will sign our foster contract.
What You Need
- For some pets, you just need to be ready to open your home to a foster pet. For pets with special medical or behavioral needs, you will receive training.
- The Humane Society will provide food and supplies for your foster pet . Depending on the pet, we may also supply toys, treats and/or a kennel.
- If you have other pets or children at home, your foster coordinator will tell you how to safely do introductions. We have foster pets for just about every home so come meet some of the pets who need you the most.